We do not have auditions for the chorus, but we do run auditions on a per-opera basis for principal roles. We are currently planning for our next opera, Elixir of Love, and auditions will be held on the 20th October at the Music House at St Mary's College Crosby, L23 5TW - the same location as we have our regular rehearsals.
The opera will be sung in English, but audition pieces can be given in any language or translation. The roles and audition pieces are below (rehearsal and page numbers are from the Schirmer edition):
- Adina (soprano): Prendi, prendi, per me sei libero from No 72 on p355 to 3rd bar on p358
- Gianetta (soprano): any suitable aria showing vocal comfort above a high G (G5)
- Nemorino (tenor): Una furtiva lagrima from p349 to p352
- Belcore (baritone): Come Paride vezzoso from No 29 on p37 to No 33 on p 42
- Dulcamara (bass baritone): from last bar on p105 to first bar on p 108 (Ecco qua; cosi stupendo to last repetition of in saccocia faccio entrar)
There will be an Audition Fee of £20 for non-members, and all those who wish to perform must become members. Credit for the audition fee will be given to any singer who subsequently becomes a member. Membership fees are detailed here.
We welcome chorus singers without audition and will do our best to support those who have little experience of public singing. There is also a need for volunteers onstage, offstage, front of house and all areas of production.